Friday, November 17, 2006

A Rule you Should Follow

my mind can't wrap around it.

why do men insist on calling us (when i say us, i mean women) sweetie?

i don't understand it. its not cute, it doesn't make me swoon. it actually does the exact opposite of that. and it annoys and angers me. as it does a lot of women. it cheaps me and what you're trying to say. here's a rule of thumb for deciding whether you can call a women sweetie: if you don't know me, don't call me sweetie. its simple. when we're friends, when we have some form of relationship, then you have my permission to call me sweetie. when we meet for the first time, especially in a bar, you do not have that permission. that's all you need to know. and believe me, i'm not the only one that feels that way. so digest it. and consider it the next time. b/c its the fastest way for me to walk away - fast.

also, i thought i'd share the best line i've ever heard, and that's ever been said to me:
"don't fall in love or get pregnant and we can have some fun"

i guess its true, we must be on different planets, b/c i will never understand how a line like this is supposed to make me want to ever speak to the guy saying them ever again.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?