Friday, October 20, 2006

The Cloak of Invisibility

Last time i checked, i was not invisible. i do not possess those powers. at least, not that i'm aware. though, maybe i am a superhero and i don't know it. maybe i do possess the power and it just hasn't revealed itself to me.

case in point. i went shopping on my lunch today with kelly (it was a horrible week and i feel better when i shop, shut it). as i walked by a "Laura" (fitting, i know) store, i saw a picture in their diplay window, with a model wearing a fabulous Conductor hat. i wanted it. so, i go into the store. and, being that i'm on lunch, and i've been on lunch 50 minutes now (i have an hour), i need to go in quickly, get what i need, and go actually get lunch.

so, i see a sales person (woman), i go up to her, and in my i'm-not-yet-annoyed-so-i'm-still-really-sweet voice, i kindly say to the woman "Excuse me, there's a photo in your display with a model wearing an Conduction hat..." and as i'm about to add to my sentence (continuous at that, since there were no pauses or anything), another customer comes in, behind me, and seems to know the sales woman, and interrupts me, and says to the sales woman loudly "HI!...." blah blah blah - to which the sales woman that i'm speaking with responds, and miraculously, they are now engaged in a conversation. Now, this is like finding Waldo... tell me if you spotted what was wrong with that situation.

i'll tell you. First, i'm in the middle of a sentence when a random "customer" (read woman), comes into the store and starts having a conversation with someone I'M ALREADY CLEARY SPEAKING TO. second, and this is probably the thing that pissed me off more, is that the Sales Woman decided that in some form of her own universe, it was ALRIGHT to cut me off, and start speaking to this random woman. oh man, my blood boiled.

so, i say to my friend loudly and in front of other customers and sales women, "that's ok, clearly i was not speaking and this woman seems more interested in having a conversation that helping me". and i said this while already walking away. to which, in response, the sales woman that had cut me off, stopped her other conversation, and b/c i had already walked away, started asking my friend which hat i had meant.

EXCUSE ME, but its too late. you have already pissed me off. i wasn't important to help before, and i don't care to be helped after i point out to you that what you did was OBVIOUSLY rude. now all you're doing is trying to suck up. and what i can't stand more than anything is disrespect and then sucking up as a result of me pointing out to you your disrespect. i'm not making excuses for my behaviour. clearly, i know that it was rude. but my back was up. and when that happens, i love control of what comes out of my mouth. but, more to the point, the woman deserves it. in what world is it ok to cut someone off and start having another conversation with someone else while i'm in the MIDDLE of a sentence? i know of no such world, and don't care to visit it. and whatever comes out of my mouth at that point is well deserved. next time, maybe she'll pay attention to the person she's supposed to be helping.

Comments:
you totally had a "pretty woman" moment
 
Very nice! I like it. travel to utah
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?