Sunday, October 01, 2006

New new toy


Its been a couple of weeks now since i got my new toy. Its the Treo 650 from Palm. and other than my mac, its by far the coolest toy that i've bought in a while.

First of all, i've been texting like mad. i've rediscovered the joy of texting. mostly b/c its an actual keyboard so it's quick. i used to see those people, the crackberry owners, and think they were nuts. now i'm one of them, just with a way superior toy.

its a pda so i have a lot of useful info on hand all the time. for example, i ride the bus (partly b/c, well, i just can't get off my ass to get a driver's license though i've know how to drive since i was 17)

also, with the expansion slot, i took the 512 mb mini sd out of my LG mobile, which i never actually used in the LG, and with the adapter (that also came with the LG), its a perfect addition to the treo. i have a lot of my photos on my phone, i store maps on it, driving directions, pdf files with all kinds of info (especially GO transit schedules).

email was also real easy to set up, though i'm still looking over the data plans to decide which i'm going to need, so i'm not sending a lot of emails. though i've setup my gmail account and i do pick up my gmail on the go when i need to look over an assignment that someone emailed me to look over, etc. some of the ringtones are silly, so i've made my own mp3 ringtones and sent them to my sd card, and i downloaded a program that reads the mp3 from the card and uses it as a ring without having to import it into the internal memory and suck up space.

basically, after a few weeks i'm still finding it hard to put down, i'm still excited about it, and the more that i use it, the more i love it. oh, and i'm definately using the bluetooth feature like made with my mac, my pc, my headset, and everything else i have in the house with BT.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?