Thursday, January 26, 2006

shut my eyes and sing a happy song out load

yeah, today, for some unknown reason, was a very cynical...it's not like me at all. absurdly cynical day. but i think i have a theory. its b/c it started at 6:45 am.

well really, tell me that you wouldn't be cynical if that early in the morning, your first registered, awake thought, is a reaction to the words "FREE AIR" advertised at a gas station. for all that is good and holy... why? i don't mean to be a complainer, but i can't handle something like that in the hours before the sun comes up. i haven't had my coffee yet, i haven't eaten, hell, i still haven't put the makeup on, and i'm subjected to such absurdity.

i know what the whole "free air thing" at the gas station is about. no need to explain. but, just for the sake of my sanity (and for my fellow protester in guatemala or something like that, who protested against the patenting of water), call it something else: "complimentary air" is good. and i'm sure there are others. but when you take a concept that is abundant in quanitity, and needed for survival, and therefore for the enjoyment of all, which presumably means free, then don't take a big oil company, who is already making money on something that is natural, and then out of the goodness of their hearts, giving us free air.

but the day did end well. i watched dancing with the stars. NO, i'm not kidding. i'm a sucker for it. i get all anxious when they dance, my toes curl, my muscles in get all tense, and i love it. the best today, stop making fun of me, was Drew Lachey and his "pasa doble" to michael jackson's thriller. AWESOME (i am a geek, i know it, don't tell me something i already know). but, come on, it was freaking awesome.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?