Friday, March 18, 2005

purchasing power

bought my first cds in like, oh, i don't know, five years or something. this is how i figure it. i'll download music if there's only one or two songs that i wanna hear from a particular artist. i'm not buying a whole cd full of crap for just two songs, mathematically, it doens't make sense. if artists and recording companies want me to buy music again, f^**%$ work harder and produce some shit worth listening to. and when i do find an artist that has a great cd, then i'll give over my money to them. and today, for the first time in years (with the exception of jack johnson whom i love but bern made me a copy), i actually went out and bought "JEM" and "SCISSOR SISTERS". and both are awesome.
jem's "just a ride", "they", and "come on closer" are my favs on the cd.
as for scissor sisters, there are soo many great songs but the favs are "laura", "filthy/gorgeous", and "better luck". here's some lyrics from "filthy...": when you're runnin from a trick/and you trip on a hit of acid/gotta keep your shit together... you're an acid junkie college flunky dirty puppy daddy bastard". come on, that's fabulous. highly recommend.
gotta go plan out my details for making my politically incorrect beaters. i'm so wearing them this summer.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?