Thursday, June 09, 2005

Hold on there partner!!!!

i don't know if it's just me, if i'm crazy (whacked out and totally freakin' bonkers) or if this is just nuts and unreasonable. you be the judge. here's the situation.
i'm having problems with my phone line (as magda will attest to), and so i call Bell to try to figure it out. of course, shocker, they don't know what's wrong (oh my god, what a huge surprise). anyway, i tell him what's going on, and he asks me if there's construction going on around me et cetera et cetera. then he gets into the schpiel (you know it, its bullshit in another form). this is what he says: "you live in a building right? yeah, that could be a problem. so i could send a guy out there, but that'll cost $69 (give or take a dollar or so- wouldn't want anyone suing me b/c i misquoted the price- and you know they would), and he can test the line, and if he finds a problem, that'll cost $99 to fix it (again, give or take a dollar)." so, let me understand this situation. i'm paying them $30 a month for phone service, and now i'm having problems with my phone service, and while i have nothing to do with the lines (not like i got into the building tel/T.V room and started messing around with the lines), and have no way to directly affect it, i'm still going to be charged about $170 to get it fixed. does that sound right? well, not right, but accurate? am i misunderstanding the situation at all? am i stupid b/c i don't understand why i'm being charged for something that is faulty and has nothing to do with my direct contact and handling?
this world is going mad, and i'm going mad with it. oh, and did i get the work order going for the guy to fix it???? Um, helllll NOOOOO. the words kiss my white fucking ass come to mind. i will fucking cancel my service before i pay all that money for their fucking incompetence. so now i've still got a problem and i don't know what to do about it. nice ey? for almost $30 a month.
well, there are better and worse companies, and this one would not go into my personal "better" list.

Comments:
yes, Bell is special.

cancel the line and just use your cell, at least for awhile.

i love love love your rants about phone companies/banks/etc.

sooo funny!

-nance
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?