Friday, June 03, 2005

latest fun techy thingy

as some of you that know me, you know that i'm all about customizing things. my comp (one and two), my pda, my cell (everything). its a sickness really. some nights, i'm up till way past sunrise trying to find the perfect program (preferably freeware or beta) to do that thing that i just have to have it do. and most of the time, i succeed. between my two comp and pda, i can pretty much do anything, and they do everything but wash the dishes (muhahahaha).
recently, i've obsessing over my cell. i wanted new ringers. and since it plays mp3 rings, well, i had to have something specific. i looked at some sites, but they all cost, and i knew that i could do it for free. so, ha ha. i did it. here's the method to the madness that kept me up till 7am. first, i figured i could just use music clips. so i went onto amazon (or any other sites that provides albums, songs, and sample clips). then i needed to cature them somehow. recording thru mic is lousy b/c the sound sucks. so i downloaded freecorder, which captures sound directly as its being streamed (higher sound control and quality), and turns it to mp3. and then all that was left to do was send it to my phone, since it has bluetooth (and so does my tablet pc-and they connect- that was another couple of well spent hours). and now i have fun rings, as well as some music rings (right now crash test dummies the superman song, but i also stored manu chao trapped by love).
next time, i'll give you a list of my fav freeware (i have soooo many for all kinds of functions).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?